Too often in our society, our senior citizens get neglected and disrespected. We wanted to make sure that doesn’t happen at Hope Gardens. Deed and Truth has Upgraded our Senior Ladies facility and 25 ladies couldn’t be more grateful.
Hope Gardens is a temporary home to some 65 mothers and their children who are escaping domestic violence, fighting addictions, learning how to overcome the negative effects of poverty, by finding transformation through Jesus Christ. It is also a permanent residence for 25 senior ladies who actually call Hope Gardens their home. Their building is called “Sequoia”.
Deed and Truth has been focusing on a five projects for the Sequoia Seniors:
1. The Sequoia ladies have been waiting such a long time for a laundry room. They have been having to take a shuttle downtown and lug their clothes to and from a laundry mat. Aside from taking half a day and a piggy bank full of quarters, it’s physically demanding for our seniors women, many of whom, use walkers to get around. We are pleased to inform you that we have turned a storage room into a new laundry room.
2. The TV room is a place to socialize, relax, and watch Netflix together however the chairs were old, dirty, broken, and uncomfortable. Deed & Truth has relegated the old furniture to the dump and brought in new electric leather recliners, love-seat, and accent furniture. The ladies enjoy pushing the button on the electric recliners to find a comfy position.
3. The entry lobby to Sequoia lacked attention so we remodeled it with a little TLC and it looks little a model home.
4. The hallway carpet was not simply an embarrassment to me it was an outright travesty that these precious senior ladies had to endure the filth and stains. Deed & Truth removed the carpet and replaced it with a beautiful new floor that matches the dining room in the family section.
5. Sequoia has very poor cellular reception at the top of our property closest to the hills. Therefore we wanted to create a private room where the ladies could use a landline. Previously they have had a little cubby in the public hallway. No more… Deed and Truth has turned an old office into a private phone room thanks to donations from our patrons.
We are so thankful to all of you who have been contributing to our Hope Gardens Beautification Projects. Our dreams are becoming realities and the residents, staff, volunteers, and URM donors are taking notice. There is a spirit of encouragement and joy coming from feeling cared for by friends who are expressing their love through beautifying the surroundings.
If you’d like to contribute to the Hope Gardens Beautification Projects please click the donate button at the top of the page.